Recent “events” and treads in server services, such as hosting services and email services, shows us that crimes don’t stop at all – we are calling it cybercrime.
What is cybercrime?
Cybercrime, or computer-oriented crime, is a crime that involves a computer and a network. The computer may have been used in the commission of a crime, or it may be the target. Cybercrime may threaten a person, company or a nation’s security and financial health – but also to get information out of it.
There are many privacy concerns surrounding cybercrime when confidential information is intercepted or disclosed, lawfully or otherwise. Internationally, both governmental and non-state actors engage in cybercrimes, including espionage, financial theft, and other cross-border crimes. Cybercrimes crossing international borders and involving the actions of at least one nation-state is sometimes referred to as cyberwarfare.
Cybercrime in websites is meaning to get websites hacked and included malware – bad code into the website – either to get get the website not usable anymore or trying to get information out of it – further on to gain control over the website.
What is Malware?
Malware (a portmanteau for malicious software) is any software intentionally designed to cause damage to a computer, server, client, or computer network (by contrast, software that causes unintentional harm due to some deficiency is typically described as a software bug). A wide variety of malware types exist, including computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, rogue software, wiper and scareware.
Programs are also considered malware if they secretly act against the interests of the computer user. For example, at one point Sony music Compact discs silently installed a rootkit on purchasers’ computers with the intention of preventing illicit copying, but which also reported on users’ listening habits, and unintentionally created extra security vulnerabilities.
A range of antivirus software, firewalls and other strategies are used to help protect against the introduction of malware, to help detect it if it is already present, and to recover from malware-associated malicious activity and attacks
What we can do against?
Prevents to get too many SPAM mails from unwanted users – trying to send information, including links with unwanted software or malware.
- Anti-Spam Service
- Spam FireWall
- Checking For Spam in Existing Users And Comments
- Real-Time Email Address Existence Validation
- Filtering disposable & temporary emails
- Automatic Plugin Update
- E-mail notifications of new comments
- Auto-payments for any Anti-Spam subscription
- Delete links form new comments
- White Label option for Hosting
- Anti-Flood and Anti-Crawler
Prevents automated tools from performing a brute force attack and helps of WordPress administrators, owners and security professionals ensure the security of their websites and blogs before they become a security problem.
- Security FireWall to block traffic from the most active IPs & Private List to block access by IPs, Subnets, Countries.
- Malware scanner to find and remove a malicious code & Daily auto scan & Checking Outbound Links.
- Web Application FireWall to protect Web applications from known and unknown attacks. SQL Injections, Cross Site Scripting (XXS), PHP code in POST/GET requests.
- Brute Force protection & Audit Log keeps track of actions in the WP Dashboard.
- Real-time traffic monitor to block IPs that has exceeded the number of HTTP requests per hour.
- CleanTalk Dashboard to control and manage your WordPress Security.
Additional BackUp service
And why to use it
Besides the 2 solutions above – it is always recommendable to have a backup – either locally on the webhosting or by using external services such as DropBox or Google Drive.
Having no backup of the website would meaning in worst case, that You lost the whole website. And this would be not great. Having a backup – we always be sure to have a last version ready to use – and not get lost anything.
We are here for help and what are the costs?
Samui Infotech is providing this “Anti SPAM, Security Firewall & BackUp Service” as all in one package – the costs are per year THB 1000.
If You are interested in it, just send us an email with the request!